How To Make The Purr-Fect Cat Tent
If you’re looking for a fun and easy project that will make your cat happy, why not try this awesome DIY cat tent. All you need is an old t-shirt and a few items that you’re likely to have around the house and you’ve got the makings of a perfect gift that your kitty will love.
Just follow these easy steps.
First you’ll need: An old t-shirt, 2 wire hangers, 4 safety pins, a square piece of cardboard and some tape.
1. Using a wire cutter, cut the hook part of the hangers off and straighten, reinforce the cardboard if necessary.
2. Poke a hole in each corner
3. Cross the wires over, fasten with tape and push into holes made in each corner of the cardboard.
4. Bend the ends of the wire and secure with tape.
5. Pull the t-shirt over the structure so that the neck hole becomes the ‘entry’ to the tent. Pull taut, and pin the sleeves and back of the t-shirt to the base of the tent.
7. Place an old cushion or towel for added comfort and give it to your cat!
Watch this video and see how easy it is!
AND if you want to make it extra special, sprinkle a bit of cat nip inside!