Most of us love our cats unconditionally but sometimes they do things that even we are mystified by.
If their love is returned then why do they continue to do things that we, as humans find annoying and in some cases quite disgusting.
Little do we realise that these annoying habits that we’ve repeatedly asked them to stop are in fact signs of love and affection.
So here’s a light hearted look at 10 annoying ways your cat says “I Love You!” and remember that there are good reasons behind all of these activities but the main one is because they love you.
1. Getting licky with it. Watch out here comes the sandpaper tongue!
Of course, this is closely followed by your kitty licking you and then turning around and giving you a nip, leading you to ask ‘Why does my cat lick me then bite me?’!
2. Kneading. What are they up to? Practising their bread-making skills!
3. Gnawing or biting. Ouch! That hurts!
4. Spying on you in the bathroom. No, it’s not a peeping tom!
5. Butt in your face. Now that IS disgusting!
6. Bringing you dead things. Don’t you like my gift?
7. Tripping you up. Oh, was I in your way?
8. Clawing your furniture. But your favourite chair looks better like that!
9. The head boop. This is actually a big compliment.
10. The big meow. Feed me now human!
Related post: 25 Adorable Pictures of Cats Showing Their Sweeter Side
More from We Love Cats and Kittens:
If you liked this, then please share our story:
And while you're at it, leave a comment and tell us what you thought!