These cats had their lives turned around after adoption.
When you go to the shelter and choose a kitten you are giving them the chance of a home with food and shelter, which is just as important as giving them the attention and love they need.
That is what makes this photoset so important.
Be careful, these before and after photos are very powerful, and will bring up countless emotions and tear at your heart strings.
These kitties are very lucky. They were given the chance of having the best life possible and at the same time received the one thing they needed most of all - a loving family.
They say that a cat has nine lives. These 11 kitties got the chance to have one very happy one.
1. This poor cat had had it rough, but is now a majestic cat, with none of the beaten look about him.
2. This bedraggled little kitten was found not in the best of shape. But after a few years with a loving home, his looks are breathtaking. Simply gorgeous.
3. This kitty found that life was too much for him and was trying to bite a car battery. Now, he’s got an intelligent, happy look, and his coat is grease free!
4. The kitten who looked miserable now is almost the stereotypical fat, content cat. Nothing says happy like a little belly!
5. Bindu was in a bad way when he was rescued - now he's king of the house!
6. Kittens are prone to sickness, but with love and food they can all grow up to be as strong at this white and ginger cutie.
7. Sometimes all you need is a bath to make you feel like the real you. This cat certainly did and the results are breathtaking.
8. A bit of TLC can go a long way. Look how much brighter his eyes are now. This is one happy kitty!
9. This kitten isn’t even fully grown and you can tell the difference that having a loving family can make!
10. Cats will reward your kindness with playful looks. This kitty is acting a clown now!
11. This gray kitty wouldn't come out of the cage after being rescued - now he's a total lap cat!
So, please remember that you can make a change as significant as this with just your time!
And don’t forget those three little words: don’t shop, adopt!
More from We Love Cats and Kittens:
If you liked this, then please share our story:
And while you're at it, leave a comment and tell us what you thought!