13 Great Reasons Why Black Cats are Awesome!
Over the centuries, black cats have undeservedly been given a bad reputation, it all began in the Middle Ages when they were associated with so called witches and were deemed unlucky. In some cultures, people believed that these ‘witches’ could transform themselves into black cats so as to prowl the streets unnoticed.
Ridiculous as it sounds, even today superstition still plays a part because black cats are the least likely to be adopted from rescue shelters.
So, to dispel all superstition and bad luck, here are 13 (and I choose that number wisely!) great reasons why black cats are awesome!
1. In ancient times the Egyptians worshipped them like gods, killing them was punishable by death.
2. In England and Japan black cats have always been considered good luck.
3. In Scotland and Ireland when a black cat appears at your door it is a sign of prosperity.
4. Black is slimming, so a black cat on your lap will always make you look trim!
5. Sailors believed that black cats bought good fortune on a long voyage.
6. Black cats make great mousers as they are almost invisible at night.
7. They always look clean! Dirt doesn’t show up so much on a black coat.
8. The richest cat in the world is a black cat named Tommaso. His Italian owner left him $13 million when she died, giving him a place in the Guinness world records.
9. Black cats are great at stealth, sometimes you can’t even see them!
10. They are like mini panthers!
11. Many celebrities have black cats, including George Clooney, Audrey Hepburn, Cher, Norman Reedus and John Lennon.
12. Black easily absorbs heat which makes them perfect to cuddle with on a cold night.
13. The Bombay cat has a sleek shiny black coat and a fabulous personality to boot!
If you had doubts about black cats before I hope we have managed to change your mind!